“The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?”
40 Things to Give up for a Better Life
#6 Fear of the Future
My mom and my grandma had Alzheimer’s. If there is ever a reason to fear the future, that’s it. And I’ve spent a lot of time worrying about the years ahead.
- Will I get Alzheimer’s?
- What will my personality be like if I do?
- How can I stop it from happening to me?
- If I can’t stop it, how much time do I have left?
One day, it became too much. I realized I had to quit thinking about all the “what if’s”.
It was time to live in the present, fully taking into account the possible future. What does that mean?
- Live every day as if it’s the last, yet with hope for a future.
- Do all the things you’ve been putting off or waiting to do.
- Try hard things even with the possibility of failure.
- Dream and chase those dreams.
- Stop complaining about how things are and work at changing them.
- Lean into the storms instead of letting them blow you around.
- Have fun doing what you love to do.
- Become a better person in every way possible.
How will you overcome the fear of the future?