Doing Life Together
“The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.
Exodus 33:14 -15 NIV
40 Things to Give Up for a Better Life
#3 Rugged Individualism
After a certain age one realizes her dependency on others. Here’s an incomplete list of people I couldn’t do life without:
- The guy who changes my car’s oil
- The staff at Wise Pies
- All the makers of paper, pen and yarn
- Coffee baristas and chocolatiers
- Jody, Jen and Lisa who know me the best and still like me
- Pastor and Sara who check the full service order every week for me
- Jeanette who is my biggest cheerleader
- Dee who gives me the best writing advice
- Susan who thinks better of me than I really am and tells others
- My dad who prays for me
- My family who love me, Baby Beth
- Jessica who calls to talk and tells me she loves me
- Jo who inspires me
- Jaena who makes me proud
- And last, but not least, Jeff who takes care of ALL the rest
After listing all these people, I know I could never do life alone, nor would I want to.
But most importantly, I’ve learned I can’t do life without God. I need him every hour of every day. And like Moses, I don’t want to go anywhere unless God goes with me.
Leave a Reply