What is Lent?
- a solemn religious observance
- a time of preparation through fasting and prayer
- a time of self-examination, reflection and meditation
- a reminder of the 40 days Jesus spent in the wilderness, being tempted by Satan, before he began Jesus began his public ministry.
- 40 days, not including Sundays
- the 6 weeks leading up to Easter
- from Ash Wednesday to the night before Easter Sunday
- Lent comes from the Anglo Saxon word, lencten, which means lengthening, as in the gradual increasing of the day length in the spring
Leave a Reply